All of us in Ware are looking forward to your move-in on August 22. Ware and the Quad are beautiful buildings, but they do have a lot of stairs and some sudden dead-ends. To help make moving into Ware easier for you, here are some helpful tips.
1. Please go to your room first without a cart to scope out the best route.
2. We recommend entering at 36th and Spruce (the Lower Quad Gate) if you are moving into:
- Butcher 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors
- Chesnet 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors
- EF Smith
- 1st floor Speakman
Enter at 37th and Spruce (the Upper Quad Gate) if you are moving into:
- Butcher 2nd floor
- Chesnut 2nd floor
- Speakman 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors
3. Going to the door of the building you are moving into will be the most efficient. The doors are all labeled. While there is an elevator in Morris, you cannot go with a cart to any other buildings than Bodine (all floors), Morgan 3rd, Morris (all floors), and Wilson 3rd.
4. Please move all of your trash to the appropriate dumpsters outside Memorial Tower, Provost Tower, or Speakman.
Here are a few other helpful hints as you prepare to move in. Your mailing address in Ware is:
RM ### Ware MB ###
3650 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6023
MB stands for Mailbox. Mailbox numbers can be found in housing assignment information. Once you get to campus, you can find out the combination to your mailbox by asking at the mailroom.
You can ship packages to Penn before move-in. Given the high volume of mail and packages at that time, Penn asks that you time your shipping to coincide with your arrival. You may send items up to two weeks before move-in. Pease add one-to-two days to shipping company’s delivery time estimates for campus processing.