Ware College House, shaped like a backwards "C" on the map below, occupies the center portion of the University’s historic Quadrangle and includes Bodine, Butcher, Chesnut, Coxe, E.F. Smith, McClelland, Memorial Tower which we share with Fisher Hassenfeld, Morris, Morgan, Rodney, Speakman, and Wilson.
Let's take a look at each building working our way around from one side of the "C" to the other.
- Chesnut: Fun fact about Chesnut, it is not spelled like the food. Chesnut connects to Riepe College House. One of Ware's Faculty Fellows lives on the first floor of Chesnut.
- Butcher: One of the newer parts of the Quad, Butcher has a large laundry room in the basement. The fourth floor is also home to our Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Residential Program.
- Speakman: Also a newer part of the Quad, Speakman offers an open kitchen for students to use on the first floor. It connects to Fisher Hassenfeld and the laundry room on the first floor of Fisher's Class of '28 building. There is also a trash room located in Speakman. Like Butcher, the fourth floor is home to our Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Residential Program.
- Morris: You'll find Ware's only elevator in Morris. The Women in Leadership Residential Program is located on the fourth floor of Morris.
- Bodine: This building is where you'll find the House Office, House Dean's Office, and the Morgan Bodine Lounge (MoBo for short). The Women in Leadership Residential Program is located on the fourth floor of Bodine.
- McClelland: Students don't live in McClelland. This is where you will find a dining facility, numerous study rooms, two music practice rooms, and other smaller meeting spaces. The Ware mailroom and package room, as well as our work-out facility and an ATM are located on the lower level of McClelland.
- Memorial Tower: Like McClelland, Ware students don't live in Memorial Tower. Ware's Faculty Director lives on the third floor of Memorial Tower. On the fourth floor you'll find Ware's Library. The fifth floor or Top of the Tower offers a reservable kitchen and large lounge including foosball, pool, and ping pong. You'll also find a trash room at the Upper Quad Gate located in Memorial Tower.
- Morgan: Morgan has a laundry room on the third floor right next to the Morgan Bodine Lounge (MoBo for short).
- Wilson: Wilson overlooks the Junior Balcony.
- E.F. Smith: Women in Science and the Study of Infectious Diseases Residential Programs can be found on the second floor of E.F. Smith.
- Coxe: The second floor of Coxe houses part of the Women in Science and the Study of Infectious Diseases Residential Programs.
- Rodney: This building finishes our tour of Ware. One of our Faculty Fellows lives in Rodney. The second floor is also home to the remaining parts of the Women in Science and the Study of Infectious Diseases Residential Programs. You'll also find a large laundry room in the basement of Bishop White in neighboring Riepe College House.